February 9, 2015
March 9, 2015
April 13, 2015
May 11, 2015
June 8, 2015
September 21, 2015
October 19, 2015
November 16, 2015 ›
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
November 16, 2015
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board will be held on Monday, November 16, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Interviews on 2016 Legislative Reappointments:
- 10:15 am - Commissioner Scott Barton
- 10:30 am - Commissioner John Mastropietro
- Executive Session
- Formal Vote
- Approval of Minutes (10-19-15)
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on November 16, 2015 in the Workers’ Compensation Commission’s CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, Connecticut. The meeting convened at 10:10 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Acting Chairman Rocco Calo, presiding; John Adamson, Theodore Duarte, Ross Hollander, Gregory Nokes and Donald Shubert. Also present from the Workers’ Compensation Commission were Chairman John A. Mastropietro and Commissioner Scott A. Barton. Louise DiCocco from CIBA was also in attendance.
- Public Hearing for Commissioners’ Renominations
- Acting Chairman Rocco Calo opened the meeting with an explanation of the renomination process and proceeded to the public hearing which began at 10:25 a.m. on the renominations of Commissioners Scott A. Barton and John A. Mastropietro.
- Each Commissioner provided introductory statements and responded to questions from the Board members. At the conclusion of the public hearing, John Adamson made a motion to adjourn to Executive Session to take a formal vote on each recommendation for submission to Governor Malloy for the 2016 legislative session. Gregory Nokes seconded the motion which passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned to Executive Session at 10:50 a.m. The regular meeting reconvened at 11:00 a.m. at which time the following motions passed unanimously:
- The motion to recommend renomination to Governor Dannel P. Malloy of Commissioner Scott A. Barton for an additional five-year term was made by John Adamson and seconded by Ross Hollander. The motion passed unanimously.
- The motion to recommend renomination to Governor Dannel P. Malloy of Commissioner John A. Mastropietro for an additional five-year term was made by Donald Shubert and seconded by Theodore Duarte. The motion passed unanimously.
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Advisory Board Chairperson - Discussion continued about the pending vacancy and possible candidates. The Board members authorized Chairman Mastropietro to contact the prospective persons to see who may be interested.
- Budget - Nothing to report at this time other than the agency is awaiting information from the current negotiations and a possible special legislative session.
- Approval of Minutes
- A motion to approve the minutes of the October 19, 2015 meeting was made by John Adamson and seconded by Gregory Nokes. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by John Adamson and seconded by Gregory Nokes. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 11:40 a.m.
- Next Meeting
- The next meeting will be held on February 8, 2016.