February 10, 2014
March 10, 2014
April 7, 2014
May 12, 2014
June 9, 2014
September 8, 2014
October 6, 2014
December 8, 2014 ›
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
December 8, 2014
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, December 8, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Chairman Wright’s Opening Statement
- Distribution of Materials
- Interviews on 2015 Reappointments:
- 10:15 am - Commissioner Scott Barton
- 10:30 am - Commissioner John Mastropietro
- Executive Session
- Formal Vote
- Approval of Minutes (10-6-14)
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on December 8, 2014 in the Workers’ Compensation Commission’s CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, Connecticut. The meeting convened at 10:10 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Chairman Gardner Wright, presiding; John Adamson, Rocco Calo, Michael Dimenstein, Theodore Duarte, and Gregory Nokes. Donald Shubert and Ross Hollander were available via telephone. Also present from the Workers’ Compensation Commission were Chairman John A. Mastropietro and Commissioner Scott A. Barton.
- Public Hearing for Commissioners’ Renominations
- Chairman Wright opened the meeting with an explanation of the renomination process and then proceeded to the public hearing which began at 10:25 a.m. on the renominations of Commissioners Scott A. Barton and John A. Mastropietro. Each Commissioner provided introductory statements and responded to questions from the Board members. At the conclusion of the public hearing, John Adamson made a motion to adjourn to Executive Session to take a formal vote on each recommendation. Gregory Nokes seconded the motion which passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned to Executive Session at 10:50 a.m. The regular meeting reconvened at 11:00 a.m. at which time the following motions passed unanimously:
- The motion to recommend renomination to Governor Dannel P. Malloy of Commissioner Scott A. Barton for an additional five-year term was made by Rocco Calo and seconded by John Adamson. The motion passed unanimously.
- The motion to recommend renomination to Governor Dannel P. Malloy of Commissioner John A. Mastropietro for an additional five-year term was made by Michael Dimenstein and seconded by John Adamson. The motion passed unanimously.
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Senate Bill No. 61 - Chairman Mastropietro reported that pursuant to Public Act No. 14-167, he is prepared to issue the Hospital/ASC Fee Schedule by January 1, 2015. The fee schedule will become effective 90 days following the Chairman’s announcement.
- Budget - the Commission did not experience any reductions resulting from the Governor’s recent rescissions in the current fiscal year.
- Approval of Meeting Dates for 2015
- A motion to approve the meeting dates for 2015 was made by John Adamson and seconded by Gregory Nokes. The motion passed unanimously.
- Gardner Wright’s Retirement Announcement
- Chairman Gardner Wright announced that he is retiring from his role as the Chairman of the WCC Advisory Board, effective December 8, 2014. The group commended Gardner on his dedication to the Commission and the work he has performed as Chairman of the Advisory Board since August 27, 1996.
- A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by John Adamson and seconded by Rocco Calo. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 11:40 a.m.
- Next Meeting
- The next meeting will be held on February 9, 2015.