February 8, 2016
March 7, 2016 ›
April 6, 2016
May 9, 2016
June 6, 2016
September 12, 2016
October 17, 2016
November 7, 2016
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
March 7, 2016
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, March 7, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- 10:00 am - Interview with Michael Riley
- Approval of Minutes (11-16-15)
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on March 7, 2016 in the Workers’ Compensation Commission’s CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, Connecticut. The meeting convened at 10:10 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Donald Shubert (acting chair), Michael Dimenstein, Theodore Duarte, Ross Hollander, and Gregory Nokes. Also present from the Workers’ Compensation Commission were Chairman John A. Mastropietro, Michael Petosa and Connie Rue-Stange; along with Louise DiCocco from the CBIA, and guest Michael Riley.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Donald Shubert began the meeting with opening remarks welcoming Michael Riley as a candidate for the position of Chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board.
- Interview for Position of Chairman to the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board
- Chairman Shubert explained the requirements of the position and opened the interview to the group for discussion, questions and answers. Discussion included the workers’ compensation system, historical reforms, fraudulent claims, employer costs, assessments, medical treatment for injured workers, and NCCI. Mr. Riley provided an overview of his career and in-depth knowledge of the workers’ compensation system.
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Pending Legislation. Chairman Mastropietro discussed current bills pending before the Legislature on cancer coverage for firefighters; PTSD coverage for policeman, firefighters and ambulance workers; workers’ compensation coverage for home health care providers and personal care assistants; and deposition costs.
- Senate Bill 225 - An Act Augmenting the Fee Schedule for Radiology Services under the Workers’ Compensation Commission. Chairman Mastropietro asked the Board’s support in opposing this legislation which would give radiologists a 15% increase in reimbursements on the Commission’s fee schedules. Discussion was held on the Chairman’s concerns where he explained that radiologists did not request this increase, and authorizing an increase for one group of providers over another would disrupt the purpose of the Medicare basis of the fee schedules. A motion was made by Theodore Duarte and seconded by Ross Hollander to support the Chairman’s position in speaking against the bill.
- WCC Commissioner Renominations. Both Commissioners John Mastropietro and Scott Barton received unanimous approval from the General Assembly for five year reappointments as Workers’ Compensation Commissioners. The vacancy for a Commissioner following the retirement of Commissioner Delaney remains open.
- Gregory Nokes made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Ross Hollander seconded the motion which passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 11:10 a.m.
- Next Meeting
- The next meeting will be held on April 6, 2016.