February 10, 2014
March 10, 2014 ›
April 7, 2014
May 12, 2014
June 9, 2014
September 8, 2014
October 6, 2014
December 8, 2014
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
March 10, 2014
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:05 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Pending Legislation
- WCC Commissioner Renominations
- WCC Advisory Board Renominations
- Approval of Minutes
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on March 10, 2014 in the CRB Hearing Room at the Chairman’s Office, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, CT. The meeting convened at 10:05 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Chairman Gardner Wright, John Adamson, Rocco Calo, Ross Hollander, Gregory Nokes and Donald Shubert. Also attending were Michael Petosa, Tara Remillard and Connie Rue of the Workers’ Compensation Commission.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Gardner Wright welcomed the group.
- Chairman’s Update
- Chairman Mastropietro discussed pending legislation:
- Senate Bill 56 - An Act Concerning Severe Mental or Emotional Impairment and Workers’ Compensation Coverage
- Senate Bill 61 - An Act Concerning Workers’ Compensation Liability for Hospital Services
- Senate Bill 103 - An Act Concerning Compliance with Fire Department Apparatus Maintenance Standards
- Senate Bill 296 - An Act Concerning Medical Orders Written by Physician Assistants
- House Bill 5282 - An Act Concerning Workers’ Compensation and Small Business Owners
- House Bill 5313 - An Act Concerning Homemaker Services and Homemaker Companion Services
- House Bill 5533 - An Act Concerning PTSD for State and Municipal Employees
- Governor’s Budget - the Commission’s budget remains intact for Fiscal Year 2015 including the relocation of the Middletown District Office and enhancement to the information technology systems.
- Hospital Mergers - Chairman Mastropietro also discussed the future of hospital mergers, i.e., non-profits to for-profit hospitals, and the Commission’s concern about the potential change in workers’ compensation managed care networks.
- Advisory Board Reappointments - Chairman Mastropietro remarked that the Governor’s reappointments of Ross Hollander, Gregory Nokes and Donald Shubert are scheduled for public hearing before the Executive & Legislative Nominations Committee on March 20, 2014.
- Commissioner Reappointments - Chairman Mastropietro advised that the Governor’s reappointments of Commissioner Nancy Salerno and Commissioner Ernie Walker are in process and are presently scheduled for a public hearing before the Judiciary Committee in April.
- A motion to adjourn was made by Donald Shubert and seconded by Gregory Nokes. The motion was unanimously approved. The meeting adjourned at 10:50 a.m.
- Next Meeting
- The next meeting will be held on April 7, 2014.