February 4, 2013
March 11, 2013
April 8, 2013
May 6, 2013
June 10, 2013
September 9, 2013
October 7, 2013
November 18, 2013 ›
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
November 18, 2013
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, November 18, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Chairman Wright’s Opening Statement
- Formal Hearings on 2014 Reappointments:
- 10:05 a.m. - Commissioner Nancy Salerno
- 10:25 a.m. - Commissioner Ernie Walker
- Executive Session
- Formal Vote
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on November 18, 2013 in the Workers’ Compensation Commission’s CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, Connecticut. The meeting convened at 10:05 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Chairman Gardner Wright, presiding; John Adamson, Rocco Calo, Theodore Duarte, Daniel Krause, Gregory Nokes and Donald Shubert. Michael Dimenstein was available by teleconference. Also present from the Workers’ Compensation Commission were Commissioner Nancy Salerno and Commissioner Ernie Walker, as well as Chairman John Mastropietro and Marvin Smernoff, CAO.
- Public Hearings for Renominations of Commissioners
- Chairman Wright opened the meeting with an explanation of the renomination hearing process; then proceeded to the interviews. The public hearing began at 10:05 a.m. on the renominations of Commissioners Nancy E. Salerno and Ernie R. Walker. Each Commissioner provided introductory statements and responded to questions from the Board. At the conclusion of the public hearings, Gregory Nokes made a motion to adjourn to Executive Session. John Adamson seconded the motion, which passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned to Executive Session at 10:28 a.m. The regular meeting reconvened at 10:35 a.m. at which time, the following motions were passed unanimously:
- The motion to recommend renomination to Governor Malloy of Commissioner Nancy E. Salerno for an additional five-year term was made by Rocco Calo and seconded by John Adamson. The motion passed unanimously.
- The motion to recommend renomination to Governor Malloy of Commissioner Ernie R. Walker for an additional five-year term was made by Theodore Duarte and seconded by Ross Hollander. The motion passed unanimously.
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Chairman Mastropietro announced that over $122,000 was raised for the Disabled Workers’ Scholarship Fund. He thanked everyone for their participation in the 100th Anniversary of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Symposium which was held on October 3, 2013 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cromwell, Connecticut.
- Chairman also discussed two issues in the workers’ compensation system that may be addressed during the 2014 Legislative Session: hospital reimbursement and mental-mental injuries.
- Approval of Minutes
- A motion to approve the minutes of October 7, 2013 was made by John Adamson and seconded by Ross Hollander. The motion passed unanimously.
- John Adamson made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Rocco Calo seconded the motion, which passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
- Next Meeting
- The next meeting will be held on February 10, 2014.