February 7, 2011
March 7, 2011
April 4, 2011
May 2, 2011
June 13, 2011
September 12, 2011
October 17, 2011
November 7, 2011 ›
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
November 7, 2011
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, November 7, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- Interviews on 2012 Reappointments:
- 10:05 am – Commissioner Stephen Delaney
- 10:25 am – Commissioner Jack Goldberg
- 10:45 am – Commissioner Peter Mlynarczyk
- 11:05 am – Commissioner Charles Senich
- Executive Session
- Formal Vote
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on Monday, November 7, 2011 in the Workers’ Compensation Commission’s CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, CT.
The meeting convened at 10:15 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Chairman Gardner Wright, John Adamson, Rocco Calo, Michael Dimenstein, Theodore Duarte, Gregory Nokes and Donald Shubert. Linda Passanisi and Daniel Krause were unable to attend. Also present from the Workers’ Compensation Commission were WCC Chairman John Mastropietro, Commissioner Stephen Delaney, Commissioner Jack Goldberg, Commissioner Peter Mlynarczyk, Commissioner Charles Senich, and Marvin Smernoff. There were no members of the public.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Wright opened the meeting with an explanation of the renomination hearing process; then proceeded to the individual interviews.
- Public Hearing
- The public hearing began at 10:20 a.m. on the renominations of Commissioners in the following order: Stephen Delaney, Jack Goldberg, Peter Mlynarczyk, and Charles Senich. The Commissioners each gave introductory statements and addressed questions from the Board. At the conclusion of the public hearing, John Adamson made a motion to adjourn to Executive Session. Gregory Nokes seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.
- Executive Session
- The meeting was adjourned to Executive Session at 11:10 a.m.
- Public Hearing Continued
- The meeting reconvened at 11:25 a.m. at which time, the following motions were passed:
- The motion to recommend renomination to the Governor of Stephen G. Delaney for an additional five-year term was made by Donald Shubert and seconded by John Adamson. The motion passed unanimously.
- The motion to recommend renomination to the Governor of Jack R. Goldberg for an additional five-year term was made by Rocco Calo and seconded by John Adamson. The motion passed unanimously.
- The motion to recommend renomination to the Governor of Peter C. Mlynarczyk for an additional five-year term was made by John Adamson and seconded by Rocco Calo. The motion passed unanimously.
- The motion to recommend renomination to the Governor of Charles F. Senich for an additional five-year term was made by Rocco Calo and seconded by John Adamson. The motion passed unanimously.
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- WCC Chairman Mastropietro concluded the meeting with a discussion of the activities of the WCC Legislative Study committee which is charged with developing a response to the Appropriations Committee pursuant to Public Act No. 11-6, Sec. 51 (restated below). Chairman Mastropietro invited members of the Advisory Board to attend the next meeting on November 18, 2011 at 1:30 p.m. at the Chairman’s Office.
- Sec. 51. (Effective from passage) (a) The chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Commission shall conduct a study to determine the feasibility of consolidating the district offices of the Workers’ Compensation Commission to achieve administrative efficiencies.
- (b) Not later than January 1, 2012, the chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Commission shall report, in accordance with the provisions of section 11-4a of the general statutes, the findings of the study conducted pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, along with any recommendations for legislation, to the joint standing committee of the General Assembly having cognizance of matters relating to appropriations and the budgets of state agencies.
- Approval of Minutes
- A motion to approve the October 17, 2011 minutes was made by Linda Passanisi and seconded by Michael Dimenstein. The motion passed unanimously.
- John Adamson made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Rocco Calo seconded the motion, which passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 11:55 a.m.
- The next regular meeting will be held on February 6, 2012.