February 7, 2011
March 7, 2011
April 4, 2011
May 2, 2011
June 13, 2011
September 12, 2011 ›
October 17, 2011
November 7, 2011
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
September 12, 2011
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, September 12, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- Approval of Minutes
- Approval of 2012 Meeting Dates
- WCC Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on September 12, 2011, in the CRB Hearing Room at the Chairman’s Office, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, CT. The meeting convened at 10:05 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Acting Chairman Rocco Calo, John Adamson, Michael Dimenstein, Theodore Duarte, Daniel Krause, Gregory Nokes, and Linda Passanisi. Members of the Workers’ Compensation Commission: WCC Chairman John Mastropietro and Marvin Smernoff, CAO.
- Approval of Minutes:
- A motion to approve the minutes of the meeting of June 6, 2011 was made by Greg Nokes and seconded by Mike Dimenstein. The motion passed unanimously.
- Approval of 2012 Meeting Dates:
- A motion to approve the Advisory Board’s meeting dates for 2012 was made by Theodore Duarte and seconded by Daniel Krause. The motion passed unanimously. The dates approved for 2012 are as follows: February 6, March 5, April 2, May 14, June 11, September 10, October 15, and November 19.
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Presentation:
- Chairman Mastropietro provided a thorough overview of the Commission’s mission, District Office hearing administration and management, Compensation Review Board appeal operation and procedures, statutorily mandated programs, and the Chairman’s Office administrative support services. Discussion was held on various topics including self-insurance claims; medical care plan reimbursement issues; non-existence of fee schedules for pharmaceuticals and hospitals; implementation and impact of the Payor and Medical Provider Guidelines effective July 1, 2010; educational outreach programs serving employers and employees; concerns about Information Technology staffing levels; and future initiatives and challenges under consideration to improve the efficient provision of claim administration and medical care for injured workers.
- A motion to adjourn was made by John Adamson and seconded by Greg Nokes. The motion to adjourn passed unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
- Next Meeting
- The next meeting is October 17, 2011.