February 8, 2010
March 8, 2010
April 12, 2010
May 10, 2010
June 7, 2010
September 13, 2010
October 4, 2010 ›
November 8, 2010
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
October 4, 2010
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, October 4, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Approval of Minutes
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on October 10, 2010, in the Workers’ Compensation Commission’s CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, Connecticut.
The meeting convened at 10:15 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Chairman Gardner Wright; Members Lisa Casey, Benedict Cozzi, Glenn Marshall, Greg Nokes, and Linda Passanisi. Also present were WCC Chairman John Mastropietro and Marvin Smernoff, CAO; and Eric George of CBIA. Advisory Board members unable to attend: Rocco Calo and Donald Shubert.
Chairman Mastropietro’s Update:
- Budget Reduction Options for FY 2012:
- Chairman Mastropietro distributed and discussed the agency’s submission to OPM in response to Governor Rell’s demand for 15% in reductions for the budget for Fiscal Year 2012.
- Governor Rell’s Transition Team:
- Chairman Mastropietro announced that in response to Governor Rell’s request, he has formed a transition team to assist in the changeover to the new administration.
- NCCI’s Announcement of Increased Premiums
- Chairman Mastropietro discussed NCCI’s recent announcement that despite a decrease in overall claims, they estimate that increases in average per case costs for both indemnity and medical claims will result in a higher rate for 2011. Discussion ensued about unregulated hospital, ambulatory/surgical center, and pharmaceutical costs. Further information will be presented by NCCI at its Connecticut Advisory Forum on October 15, 2010.
- Proposed Legislation for 2011 Session:
- Chairman Mastropietro distributed and discussed legislation which the agency has proposed for the 2011 session: “An Act Changing the Title of Workers’ Compensation Commissioners to Workers’ Compensation Administrative Law Judges.” He explained that a change in title from “commissioner” to “administrative law judge” will provide participants a better understanding of their adjudicative/judicial role as opposed to a policy role. He emphasized that there will be no change in responsibilities; it is a change in title only.
- Joint Enforcement Commission (JEC) on Employee Misclassification:
- Chairman Mastropietro distributed the first Report of the Joint Enforcement Commission on Employee/Worker Misclassification issued in February 2010. Glenn Marshall provided the historical overview of the issues, legislative process, and current enforcement efforts including website capability for citizens to file referrals/complaints.
There being no further business, on a motion made by Benedict Cozzi, seconded by Glenn Marshall, the Board voted unanimously to adjourn at 11:40 a.m.
The next meeting will be held on November 8, 2010.