February 8, 2010
March 8, 2010
April 12, 2010
May 10, 2010
June 7, 2010 ›
September 13, 2010
October 4, 2010
November 8, 2010
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
June 7, 2010
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, June 7, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Approval of Minutes
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on June 7, 2010, in the Workers’ Compensation Commission’s CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, Connecticut.
The meeting convened at 10:15 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Chairman Gardner Wright, Rocco Calo, Benedict Cozzi, Linda Passanisi, and Donald Shubert. Also present were WCC Chairman John Mastropietro and Marvin Smernoff of the Workers’ Compensation Commission; and public member William Clark.
Chairman Mastropietro’s Update:
- Workers’ Compensation Commissioners:
- Pursuant to C.G.S. Sec. 31-280(b)(1), Chairman Mastropietro announced that Commissioner reassignments will commence on October 1, 2010.
- Payor and Medical Provider Guidelines:
- Chairman Mastropietro announced that the Payor and Medical Provider Guidelines have been published on the Commission’s website with an implementation date of July 1, 2010.
- Commissioner’s Exam Procedure:
- Chairman Mastropietro explained the recently revised process by which the Districts will be handling the scheduling of Commissioner’s Exams. In order to reduce the time delay for receipt of medical reports, the Commissioner will provide the parties responsible with a date certain for receipt of the medical reports. If the records are not received by the District Office by the assigned date, a hearing will be scheduled on the Friday in the calendar week following the deadline set for receipt of medical records. The Commissioner will determine if sanctions are warranted.
- The Official Practitioner Fee Schedule:
- The Official Practitioner Fee Schedule is being issued with an effective date of July 15, 2010.
- Chairman Mastropietro spoke about the Commission’s preliminary efforts to set up an e-filing process. It is anticipated that when funding becomes available, the Commission will be able to provide a terminal in each district office for claimants to e-file workers’ compensation claims.
- Revised Stipulation Procedure:
- Chairman Mastropietro explained the revised stipulation procedure which will take effect on July 1, 2010. Accordingly, the Chairman’s Memorandum 2010-2 is available on the agency’s website.
- Legislative Update:
- Senate Bill No. 494, An Act Making Adjustments to State Expenditures for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2011, passed the General Assembly and was signed into law by Governor Rell on May 7, 2010. This new legislation:
- i. swept $4M from the Workers’ Compensation Administration Fund; and
- ii. reduced the Rehabilitation Services account by $1,044,185 leaving $1,275,913 for programs for FY 2011;
- House Bill No. 5204, An Act Implementing the Joint Enforcement Commission on Employee Misclassification, passed the General Assembly and was signed into law by Governor Rell on May 5, 2010. This new legislation increases the civil penalty to employers who defraud the state by engaging in employee misclassification or misrepresentation from $300 for each violation to $300 for each day of the violation.
- Chairman Mastropietro discussed the current issues occurring within the MIRMA workers’ compensation system which was created by the legislature in 2002. Effective July 1, 2010, Argonaut Insurance Co. will assume responsibility for new claims. The Chairman is investigating whether MIRMA will be financially able to cover indemnity and medical treatment on claims filed through June 30, 2010.
On a motion made by Benedict Cozzi, seconded by Rocco Calo, minutes from the regular meeting held on May 10, 2010 were approved. There being no further business, on a motion made by Rocco Calo, seconded by Benedict Cozzi, the Board voted unanimously to adjourn at 11:20 a.m.
The next meeting will be held on September 13, 2010.