February 8, 2010
March 8, 2010
April 12, 2010
May 10, 2010 ›
June 7, 2010
September 13, 2010
October 4, 2010
November 8, 2010
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
May 10, 2010
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, May 10, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Approval of Minutes
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on May 10, 2010, in the Workers’ Compensation Commission's CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, Connecticut.
The meeting convened at 10:10 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Chairman Gardner Wright, Lisa Casey, Benedict Cozzi, Gregory Nokes, Linda Passanisi, and Donald Shubert. Also present were Chairman John Mastropietro, Marvin Smernoff, and Connie Rue of the Workers’ Compensation Commission; along with Kia Murrell of CBIA and William Clark.
Chairman Gardner Wright introduced the newest member Lisa M. Casey of Reflexite, recently appointed by Governor M. Jodi Rell to become a member of the Advisory Board.
Chairman Mastropietro’s Update:
- Workers’ Compensation Commissioners:
- Commissioner Donald (Toby) Doyle is scheduled to retire on July 10, 2010.
- Newly appointed Commissioner Clifton Thompson will fill the vacancy on July 11, 2010.
- Legislative Update:
- Senate Bill No. 494, An Act Making Adjustments to State Expenditures for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2011, passed the General Assembly and was signed into law by Governor Rell on May 7, 2010. This new legislation:
- swept $4M from the Workers' Compensation Administration Fund; and
- reduced the Rehabilitation Services account by $1,044,185 leaving $1,275,913 for programs for FY 2011;
- House Bill No. 5204, An Act Implementing the Joint Enforcement Commission on Employee Misclassification, passed the General Assembly and was signed into law by Governor Rell on May 5, 2010. This new legislation increases the civil penalty to employers who defraud the state by engaging in employee misclassification or misrepresentation from $300 for each violation to $300 for each day of the violation.
- Payor-Provider Guidelines - Chairman Mastropietro announced that the guidelines will be published with a target implementation date of July 1, 2010.
- Commissioner Assignments - Chairman Mastropietro is developing the new Commissioner reassignments which will take effect on October 1, 2010.
On a motion made by Linda Passanisi, seconded by Benedict Cozzi, minutes from the regular meeting held on April 10, 2010 were approved. There being no further business, on a motion made by Donald Shubert, seconded by Lisa Casey, the Board voted unanimously to adjourn at 11:25 a.m.
The next meeting will be held on June 7, 2010.