February 8, 2010
March 8, 2010 ›
April 12, 2010
May 10, 2010
June 7, 2010
September 13, 2010
October 4, 2010
November 8, 2010
PAST MEETING INFO
MAIN MEETING PAGE
March 8, 2010
A meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board was held on Monday, March 8, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of the Chairman, 21 Oak Street, 4th Floor, Hartford, CT.
- Opening Remarks
- Chairman Mastropietro’s Update
- Approval of Minutes
- New Business
A regular meeting of the Workers’ Compensation Commission Advisory Board was held on March 8, 2010, in the Workers’ Compensation Commission’s CRB Hearing Room, 21 Oak Street, Hartford, Connecticut.
The meeting convened at 10:15 a.m. with the following Board Members present: Chairman Gardner Wright, Rocco Calo, Benedict Cozzi, Glenn Marshall, Linda Passanisi, William Ridolfi, and Donald Shubert. Also present were Chairman John Mastropietro, Marvin Smernoff, and Connie Rue of the Workers’ Compensation Commission; Kia Murrell Esq. of CBIA; and William Clark.
Chairman Wright announced that William Ridolfi has retired from the Advisory Board. Mr. Ridolfi has served as a member of the Advisory Board since his original appointment by Governor John Rowland on May 1, 1996.
Chairman Mastropietro’s Update:
- Middletown District Office - the Commission is working closely with the Governor’s Office, Department of Administrative Services, and Department of Public Works to staff and relocate the Eighth District Office.
- Kleen Energy Systems - the Commission determined that Old Republic is the wrap-around carrier for workers’ compensation claims arising out of the explosion at the Kleen Energy Systems natural gas plant in Middletown on February 7, 2010. The Chairman advised that he communicated with Gallagher-Bassett, the third party administrator, to insure the claims are managed expeditiously.
- Payor-Provider Guidelines - the Payor-Provider Guidelines developed over the past 15 months involved participants from insurance companies, physicians, and employers across the state. Chairman Mastropietro plans to finalize the guidelines before the end of May.
- Joint Enforcement Commission on Employee Misclassification - Chairman Mastropietro with Glenn Marshall provided the group with the history and current status of pending legislation (H.B. 5204) to stop misclassification of employees as independent contractors and prohibit employers from misclassifying employees to reduce their workers’ compensation insurance premiums.
- A motion was made by Glenn Marshall and seconded by Benedict Cozzi to send a letter to the Legislative Labor Committee indicating support of H.B. 5204 urging them to continue their work and support the draft that has been submitted by the Chief State’s Attorney’s Office, and the follow-up measures to provide the strictest mechanism to insure compliance. The motion was unanimously accepted.
Minutes from the regular meeting held on February 8, 2010 were approved. There being no further business, a motion to adjourn was made by William Ridolfi at 11:25 a.m. The motion was seconded by Rocco Calo. The motion to adjourn was unanimously accepted.
The next meeting will be held on April 12, 2010.