Workers’ Compensation Administrative Regulations
This page takes you to 69 sections of the Connecticut Administrative Regulations which are included here as they are often referred to in the course of the administration of our workers’ compensation system.
[NOTE: Some of the following administrative regulations were adopted prior to numerical changes in the codification of certain statutes. Therefore, the regulation section number may not necessarily refer directly to powers contained in the specified statute due to various legislative changes in prior sessions. (See e.g., 31-297(b)-1)]
Go to a specific section of the Connecticut Administrative Regulations in our site, according to the menu below:
Regulations regarding Establishment and Administration of Safety and Health Committees at Work Sites:
Regulations regarding Preliminary Act and Acts in Preparation for Work and Employee’s Place of Abode:
Regulations regarding Definitions Applicable to Department of Correction Employees:
- Sec. 31-275-2. Definitions applicable to Department of Correction employees as required by Section 31-275(1)(G) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
Regulations regarding Claims Administration/Insurance and Self-Insurance (see also, Secs. 31-284-1 through 31-284-20, below):
Regulations regarding Assignment and Postponement of Hearings and the Authority of Claims Personnel:
- Sec. 31-279-2. Attendance at hearings.
- Sec. 31-279-3. Request for continuance.
- Sec. 31-279-4. Basis for decision.
- Sec. 31-279-5. Voluntary agreements and stipulations.
- Sec. 31-279-6. Assignment of hearings.
- Sec. 31-279-7. List of approved physicians. (Omitted) See, Sec. 31-280-1, below.
- Sec. 31-279-8. Fees for professional services. (Omitted) See, Sec. 31-280-2 and Sec. 31-280-3, below.
Regulations regarding Obligations of Attending Physician:
Regulations regarding Medical Care Plans:
Regulations regarding Notice to Employees:
Regulations regarding Approved Physicians and Other Practitioners:
- Sec. 31-280-1. List of approved physicians, surgeons, podiatrists, optometrists and dentists; standards for approval and removal from the list.
Regulations regarding Practitioner Fee Schedule:
- Sec. 31-280-2. Practitioner fee schedule.
- Sec. 31-280-3. Definitions; Practitioner Fee Schedule; Medical Advisory Board; Practitioner Billing and Payment Guidelines; Dispute Resolution.
Regulations regarding Structure and Operation of Workers’ Rehabilitation Programs:
- Sec. 31-283a-1. Definitions.
- Sec. 31-283a-2. Vocational rehabilitation benefit eligibility.
- Sec. 31-283a-3. Vocational rehabilitation programs and benefits provided to eligible employees: Vocational evaluation; Employment capabilities determination; Determination of employment objective; Establishment and structure of vocational rehabilitation plan; Job placement; Vocational counseling.
- Sec. 31-283a-4. Rehabilitation allowance payments: Eligibility; Schedule of payments; Termination of payments.
- Sec. 31-283a-5. Discontinuance of benefits: Maintenance of benefits; Procedure for vocational rehabilitation plan termination.
- Sec. 31-283a-6. Contested vocational rehabilitation cases. Appeal process: Notice of appeal; Appeal procedure.
Regulations regarding Self-Insurance Certification (see also, Sec. 31-279-1, above):
Regulations regarding Voluntary Agreements:
Regulations regarding Preclusion of Compensation Liability (see also, 31-294c):
Regulations regarding Appeal from Compensation Commissioner (CRB Appeal Procedure):