You are now ready to perform the actual download of your Acrobat Reader. In many cases, you can perform this step by yourself; however, in some circumstances you may need a network administrator to download the Acrobat Reader for you.
NOTE: Depending on your particular hardware, software, and operating system configuration and settings, what you see when you perform the steps outlined below may look somewhat different from what we present on this page.
1. When you have completed your on-screen choices, click on the red DOWNLOAD button under Step 3 at the right side of the screen (circled in red below):
After you click this Download button, you will arrive at the following Thank You! Page:
2. Shortly after this Thank You! Page appears in your browser, the following dialog box will automatically appear on top of your browser. Make sure that Save this program to disk is chosen (circled in red, below middle), then click OK to continue (circled in red, below bottom):
3. The following dialog box will appear next, allowing you to choose the location on your computer or network to which you want to save the Reader’s executable installation file (circled in red, below upper left), which in this example is labelled ar505enu.exe (circled in red, below lower left).
NOTE: We strongly recommend saving the file to your computer’s Desktop. You can always move it to another location later, if you wish, but by saving the file to the Desktop you’ll know exactly where it is and be able to concentrate on getting the program installed.
Once you have chosen your download location, click the Save button (circled in red, below lower right). This will initiate the actual download of the Reader’s installation file to your computer:
4. A download progress dialog box now appears, showing the download as it occurs:
This dialog box continues to show the progress of the download. For example, the dialog box now shows that the file is exactly halfway downloaded:
5. The download progress dialog box turns into the Download complete dialog box when the download is finished, letting you know that you now have the Acrobat Reader file. Click on Close (circled in red below) to complete the download process:
6. If you minimize your browser window, you can now see on your Desktop (or other chosen location) the Acrobat Reader installation file, in this example labelled ar505enu.exe and located just below the Recycle Bin (circled in red below):
DISCLAIMER: The information on this page is provided as a public service, on an “as is basis. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained herein is accurate, reliable, and current, it is not a substitute for any information or documentation created or disseminated by Adobe Software or by any other party.
Neither the State of Connecticut nor the Workers’ Compensation Commission warrant the information contained herein to be fit for any particular purpose, and neither will be responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from your use of this information. BACK TO TOP