Annotations to Compensation Review Board (CRB) Opinions
This page contains links to over 5,000 annotations of Compensation Review Board (CRB) opinions, listed below by statute and/or regulation number. The annotated list of Compensation Review Board Opinions in our site includes decisions issued through December 31, 2009, formerly published by Michie in Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Review Opinions. Since our publication of Bulletin 42 (in 1997), Michie has ceased to publish the Compensation Review Board opinions. However, the opinions of the Compensation Review Board from late 1994 to the present are available in this site at http://wcc.state.ct.us/crb/menus/crb-opin.htm.
We are presently working to update the annotations pages and hope to provide you with fully-updated annotations in the near future.
While we are in the process of updating the annotations pages, you may find the PDF version of our Annotations book Bulletin 47 Supplement - CRB Annotations Book useful, available on our Publications page. You may also request a printed copy from our Education Services at (860) 493-1500, available free of charge.
THESE ANNOTATIONS ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
Full texts of opinions, statutes and court decisions should be consulted and all citations and references fully researched by the reader.
The Annotations to Compensation Review Board Opinions are presented “as is” and the Commission makes no warranties as to the suitability of this information for any given purpose.
Please note also that Annotations change periodically due to several factors including, but not limited to, Appellate and Supreme Court decisions issued in workers’ compensation cases.
Go to Annotations of Compensation Review Board (CRB) Opinions pertaining to section:
- 31-275(1). Arising out of and in the course of employment.
- 31-275(4). Compensation.
- 31-275(9). Employee.
- 31-275(10). Employer.
- 31-275(15). Occupational disease.
- 31-275(16). Personal injury.
- 31-275(17). Physician defined.
- 31-278. Jurisdiction/Disqualification.
- 31-279(c). Employer sponsored plan for medical care and treatment.
- 31-279-2. Attendance at hearings.
- 31-279-3. Request for continuance.
- 31-279-9. Obligations of attending physician.
- 31-280. Chairman’s powers and duties.
- 31-280-3. Practitioner Fee Schedule/Dispute Resolution Panel.
- 31-283a. Division of Workers’ Rehabilitation.
- 31-283b. Financing of Division of Workers’ Rehabilitation.
[Repealed. Now Sec. 31-344a]
- 31-284. Basic rights and responsibilities.
- 31-284(a). Defense(s) to liability. (Wilful and serious misconduct.)
- 31-284(b). Self-insurance.
- 31-284b. Continued insurance benefits.
- 31-284c. Complaints of violations. Hearings. Findings and award. Appeal.
- 31-287. Enforcement of claim against insurer.
- 31-288. Additional liability. Penalty for undue delay. Penalty for noncompliance with insurance requirements.
- 31-290. Obligations not to be evaded.
- 31-290a. Discharge or discrimination prohibited.
- 31-290c. Fraudulent claim or receipt of benefits.
[Includes cases decided under Sec. 31-290b which was repealed.]
- 31-291. Principal employer, contractor and subcontractor.
- 31-292. Liability for worker lent.
- 31-293. Reimbursement and third party suits.
- 31-294c. Notice of injury. Preclusion of compensation defenses to liability.
- 31-294d. Medical treatment; physician authorization; pecuniary liability.
- 31-294e. Medical care refusal.
- 31-294f. Medical examination of injured employee. Medical reports.
- 31-295. Waiting period. When compensation begins.
- 31-296. Voluntary agreements (approval of).
- 31-296. Voluntary agreements (discontinuance of payments).
- 31-297. Hearing of claims.
- 31-297a. Informal Hearings.
- 31-298. Conduct of hearings. Evidence.
- 31-299a. Payments under group medical policy not defense to claim for benefits. Health insurer’s duty to pay. Lien.
- 31-299b. Apportionment; liability of last employer.
- 31-300. Awards, interest and attorney’s fees.
- 31-301. Appeal procedure.
- 31-301. Factual findings.
- 31-301(f). Payments pending appeal.
- 31-301(g). Repayment of compensation.
- 31-301-2. Reasons of Appeal.
- 31-301-3. Commissioner’s Finding.
- 31-301-4. Correction of Finding.
- 31-301-9. Additional evidence.
- 31-301b. Appeal of Decision of Compensation Review Board.
- 31-301c. Costs of Appeal. Interest added to award affirmed on appeal.
- 31-303. Day when compensation payments become due. Penalty for late payments.
- 31-306. Dependents’ compensation.
- 31-307. Total disability and occupational disease.
- 31-307a. Cost of living adjustment.
- 31-307b. Relapse/Recurrent injuries.
- 31-308(a). Temporary partial/Wage differential.
- 31-308(b). Permanent partial. Scheduled/Unscheduled.
[Formerly Sec. 31-308(b) and Sec. 31-308(d)]
- 31-308(c). Disfigurement.
[Formerly Sec. 31-308(e)]
- 31-308(d). Payment to employee, dependents, or children of any age.
- 31-308a. Additional compensation.
- 31-308b. Dependency allowance.
- 31-309. maximum compensation rate.
- 31-310. Computation of average weekly wage.
- 31-310a. Average weekly wage of supernumerary policemen and volunteer police officers.
- 31-310c. Average weekly wage of worker with an occupational disease.
- 31-311. Replacement of artificial aids.
- 31-312. Compensation for time lost for medical treatment and attendance at hearings.
- 31-313. Transfer to suitable work.
- 31-314. Allowance for advance payments.
- 31-315. Modification of award or voluntary agreement.
- 31-316. Employers’ first reports of injury.
- 31-321. Manner of serving notices.
- 31-324. Reservation to appellate court.
- 31-325. Acknowledgment of employees having physical conditions.
[Repealed effective June 29, 1995]
- 31-327. Fee approval.
- 31-340. Insurer directly liable to employee or dependent.
- 31-341. Notice to insurer.
- 31-343. Certain defenses not available against employee or dependent.
- 31-348. Insurance policy notification.
- 31-349. Filing requirements with Second Injury Fund.
- 31-352. Enforcement of liability of third person.
- 31-355(a). Hearings; Notices to Treasurer Re: Fund Liability.
- 31-355(b). Employer’s failure to comply with award. Second Injury Fund liability.
- 31-355(e). Insolvent insurers and Connecticut Insurance Guaranty Association liability.
- 5-142(a). Disability compensation state employees (full pay).
- 5-145a. Hypertension or heart disease in certain university, aeronautics, capitol security, correction, mental health, criminal justice or hazardous duty personnel.
- 7-314a. Volunteer firemen.
- 7-322a. Volunteer firemen serving another fire company.
- 7-433a, 7-433b & 7-433c. Heart and Hypertension Act.
- 7-433d. Injury or death of fireman while engaged in fire duties with another company.
- 19a-165. Hospital fees.
- 29-4a. Death and disability compensation for certain state employees.
- 38a-470. Insurance liens.
- 52-174. Admissibility of records.
- 52-572r. Product liability claims against third parties.
[Repealed effective July 1, 1993]
- Rules of Professional Conduct.